Lately, I've been setting up my new Mac and thought that it would be a good chance to log down what I needed to install for future reference. This post will be updated from time to time as I install back all the apps that I use daily.
Must-to-have apps to make life easier
- Rectangle: Move and resize windows the easiest way.
- Scroll Reverser: You'll probably need this when using an external mouse. It controls your mouse/trackpad scroll the way you want it to be.
- Clipy: Clipboard extension for mac. I use it to store stuff I copy and paste a lot.
- Karabiner Elements: Map keyboards the way you want them to be. Super useful when using a non-mac keyboard to adjust the order of the keys to be the same as on Mac.
- Sound Control: Mac's built-in sound control isn't that great you know. You can control the volume through your Mac even if it's connected to an HDMI output.
- iTerm2: Better than the native Terminal
- VSCode: Where I write code. Settings sync is super useful!
What are your favorite must have apps / tools? Please share them with me! I'd love to know!